Guess it's chemo with Herceptin. Doctor will decide tomorrow after seeing my CT scan result.
The signs are everywhere, for me to get through this!
When in Japan, I signed up for their national health plan. Little did I know that they have a scheme for free medical check up, which I went around Oct 2010, and the result indicated marginally high reading of ALP(alkaline phosphate). At that time I googled and was alarmed, as this could indicate that cancer has spread to the bone.
Came back to Penang for checkup in Jan 2011, to my surprise, oncologist didn't run any test. The MO told me not to worry if the level is marginally high (exactly what the Japanese doctor told me, but he suggested to come back to consult my doctor). I wasn't happy, and went to see my breast surgeon in KL, complained the same, and he asked to repeat the blood test, which apparently came up normal. He ordered bone scan, clear.
Left for Philippines, and didn't have any medical plan. But today when I read my diary, I was so shocked to note that I have "picked up" signals and messages that I should take care of my body. There were bad dreams for a few days. My aunt passed away, and I only knew about it 2 days later, and wrote that maybe my aunt was sending me a message. Dreamt of another high school teacher who has passed away. It's shocking when I refer to my diary this morning, but at that time, all I wrote was, there might be a message somewhere, without knowing what.
When I went to Dr Merced, I had little idea how crucial that visit was, as she ordered to repeat the blood test, which I went on 18 April. It was holy week and I went for holiday in Mindanao on 19 April, knowing I had high reading in ALT, AST, ALP, but had one of the best experience with waterfalls, enchanted river, and caves.
Saw doctor on 2 May with blood test and she suggested Ultra sound abdomen, as blood test indicates something is wrong with my liver. I went for the scan on 14 May as it took me some time to find where to do the scan - in most hospitals, I have to go to 2 different department for abdomen and breast scan, which sounds complicated to me.
Anyway, everything else follow...am amazed how I've managed so far, now happily back home, getting ready for another round of chemo.
Have a positive outlook of life!
ReplyDelete