Thursday, November 3, 2011

Maple and Momiji (紅葉)



The photo was taken last November in Japan. Momiji is Japanese maple but tiny in size, only about 4cm. Guess I was fascinated by its colour, in variation of reds and oranges signifying the arrival of autumn, as well as its shape. I collected some and pasted them on my wall. My Japanese friend noticed and gave me souveniers made of momiji. I have the keychain and coasters displayed in the shelf, just 2 feet from where I am seated now.

An envelop came from Spain yesterday, and to my surprise, there were maple leaves collected by Elisabet. These are about thrice the size of Japanese maple, and are now placed next to each other, in the shelf. Some days in near future, I hope to be seeing different species of maples in different parts of the world.

3 comments:

  1. Elisabet said:

    Beautiful picture! And nice surprise. The willow tree used to be my favourite, but since my stay in the States the maple tree took its place. How could I ever forget the gorgeous landscapes with the stunning colours and shapes of maple tree leaves? I'm so glad to have some of these trees in my hometown, now!
    Elisabet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! When I was walking on the trails in the Centennial Olympic Park (a legacy of 1996) in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. yesterday, I can't resist to pick up some of the beautiful red, yellow, orange maple leaves from the walkway, and brought them with me back to Maryland. Though I usually just admire them in autumn from afar... Sending my love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful treat to get those maple leaves. =) stay strong, yin san.

    ReplyDelete