Monday, April 16, 2012

Chemo and drugs

So, after a week of scans and consultations, here's the prescription:

I was started on dexamethasone 2mg on Wednesday to help shrink the water around my tumor.
Then I was given Lapatinip 75mg on Friday to control the brain tumor.
Today I continued with Herceptin which has been going on since last May.
Doctor gave me Neurontine to helped release the pain on my nerve.

My left fingers are numbed and now I experience stiffness as I type.
My left legs also is numbed but with sensation.

We'll monitor this and see if the drug works before deciding on futher steps, possibly radiotherapy.

1 comment:

  1. If the tumor is shrinking in response to therapy, will be a good sign.

    Take good care of yourself, love yourself. Take the current situation as the opportunity of grace.

    If you like, every morning, allocate 20 minutes to cultivate compassion.

    I am offering you love to heal!

    ReplyDelete