Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Free and Busy

When asked, what do you do with your free time? My answer could be "I don't have free time." or another way of interpreting could be "I am free all the time". Free time usually refers to time after work, free slots without fixed appointment. From the usual understanding, anyone who has no "fixed work" probably have lots of free time. More than ever, my time is spent living and healing, consciously deciding how i would spend my "free time", which is now. "Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans" - my favourite verse from a song. I am now using my free time to blog and to let everyone know that I'm happy to still be alive! I am now busy blogging to thank everyone for the encouragements and loves that fill up my live.

2 comments:

  1. Well, nothing can be added when I see my own thoughts so accurately expressed in your words...
    and that verse from a song (I never knew what song it was) is one of my favourite sentences about life, which I have used on certain occasions, when I thought it could be of help to some friend or beloved person, or to myself :)
    I heard that verse (not the song) on the radio many years ago, while working at an office and it's been part of me ever since.
    And I've just written a short article about time...haha!!!
    Yeah, happy to be alive... Elisabet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as always Yin for your beautifully understated take on a complicated topic. In today's frenetic societies we're made to feel somehow inadequate if we're not performing some version of useful "work." Yet living happily with awareness and grace can be a fulltime job! I'm so glad you're appreciating every moment of your life. What more could anyone aspire to really.

    Much love to you as always

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete