Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Scan Result 31/10/2012

My CT Scan yesterday last paragraph
"Impression:"
"Previous left mastectomy for breast carcinoma with increased size of brain metastases, but no evidence in the chest, abdomen or pelvis"
"Stable bony lesions at L1 and L5 vertebrae."
It means that my other parts are clear execept brain. I still have multiple lesions/tumors in the brain to sort out. In short, I am well so not to worry. If I could survive 3 years, I could last few more at least. my oncologist not happy with the result and he will give me chemo, maintain old drugs and prescribe new one. This time, no disagreement from me, so I just did chemo today.

Time to eat. Its a blessing that I found this vegetarian caterer (behind B-suite hotel) and dad will cook some fish or organic chicken to ensure I have some meat. 

Also thanks to friends who show concern about scan result. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to just see this now, Yin. As you know, I've been dealing with my own health issues since 15 October though they are all structural, not cellular. Or however one classifies cancer vs. bone fracture. Internet was not viable at the hospital and now back home since the night of the 4th, I spend a lot of time and energy doing tiny tasks.

    Anyhow, thank you for posting your scan result of just over a week ago. I guess one can be glad that chest, abdomen and pelvis are clear but brain remains recalcitrant.

    The importance of decent food cannot be underestimated and I know I'm beyond grateful for the friends who've consistently brought me nourishing clean food. I'm sure it helps the bone healing process and in your case strengthens against drug side effects.

    I spend a lot of time listening to Ajahn Brahm talks. I think I already gave you this link, but just in case, here it is again: http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddhistSocietyWA?feature=watch
    I usually type in a word I'm interested in like "mindfulness", "acceptance', "letting go," and the relevant talks come up. Often I fall asleep while listening but that's OK too. I need rest and sometimes don't allow myself enough.

    Anyhow, I've got nothing to do except lie here, maintain a positive attitude, and accept whatever happens which, I assume, rather mirrors your experience.

    I always think of you but now even more than usual as I get a stronger sense of the importance of staying positive and living in the moment. I'm sure this is the lesson I've been sent by my accident. Seems like ages ago that you were with me during one of the seven "falls" or weird structural "events" I went through since 17 January. I remember your kindness in stopping at a pharmacy to buy gauze and disinfectant.

    Through that fall I met the orthopedic surgeon who ended up operating on me three weeks ago. You feel so connected to my recent journey in health and self awareness.

    OK. Enough blathering. I will try to keep up with your blog better now that I'm back home.

    Lots of love to you and I hope the new drug does whatever it's meant to.

    xoxoxxo
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete