Let me update you about my physical condition. I know our dear YS would be happy to read this. It's almost one month since her passing and after all the sorrow and pain she would be glad to read some good news on my side.
I went to the doctor who is the specialist in tumors in the bones. He is a surgeon and he sometimes does preventive surgery to patients who have a risk of fracture of their femur. Well, after all the check-ups and, as the oral chemo is working well on me, he doesn't see this risk, so no need to go for this surgery. My hip bones and femurs are still strong. He asked me how much I can walk and I told him I can walk for one hour with no problem; better in flat areas, not uphill or downhill, not to force too much, and I usually use the stick; again, not to force too much and as a preventive from stumbling and falling. However, there are days when I need to lie down on my bed for 2 or 3 hours during daytime, to let all the bone structure rest, especially if there's slight pain. He said I'm doing it very well. And the other good news is that I don't need radiotherapy on my left femur. At least not yet, we'll see the evolution, but by now the oral chemo is enough.
He also said that in my case there are two possible types of bone metastasis: the one that eats up bone and the one that builds up bone. In my left femur I have the second type, which is better because instead of destroying bone I'm creating some. So, I'm creative even in my tumors! So, good news and just happy to live and to keep the fight going.
Thanks for the wonderful news Dear Elisabet. Celebrate Life as YS would always want us to. Our loving blessings continue to be with u and Yin San always. Blessed be with love. Hugs and love from Penang...cb
ReplyDeleteSo happy to know that you're following my posts here!!!
DeleteMuch love to you, too... Elisabet
Such great news! Pray the God will continue to bless you and heal you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Yin Huei
After seeing the lovely picture of Yin on FB this morning, I realized I hadn't looked at the blog for a while and am so delighted to hear your news. Congratulations indeed! How great the oral chemo is working. As you know, Yin would be/is so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI've had some L femur issues of my own since 15 October when I slipped on a puddle of orange Fanta soda someone spilled on the floor of a university building and landed flat on my butt, fracturing the L femur around a metal hip replacement circa 2005. (They call it a periprosthetic femur fracture.) Fortunately I knew an amazing surgeon here in Bangkok to deal with the complicated operation to insert a plate and screw and wire the bone back together around a big chunk of titanium. It's meant lots of time in bed doing almost nothing for the first two months so the bone could knit together properly without pulling away from the metal plate. I kept the other body parts strong and also did Kundalini breathing exercises. I wanted to share some with Yin but in the end felt it wasn't appropriate.
As of 14 January I got the green light to put 100% weight on the leg and gradually built up enough strength to return to some aspects of ordinary life. Unfortunately last weekend I drastically overdid riding on the metro system and walking around so this week I'm back in bed with the leg up on pillows and a red face at rushing too quickly and not being as gentle, mindful and accepting as Yin would have been. Yesterday I got all self absorbed and depressed and then this morning I saw the gorgeous picture of Yin taken at Straits Quay and read your post and wondered what I'm complaining about.
You are both beacons of hope and positivity and I send you much love and healthy femur vibes!!!
xoxoxox
Jennifer
Sorry to hear about your femur problems, but glad you share it here. Yes, we all have our health problems sooner or later. It's ok to feel depressed or a little bit down, sometimes. It just happens, we are human. :) But we must not let these feelings last for long or overwhelm us. Little things can help a great deal, and I'm glad that your spirits went up just by looking at Yin's picture and reading my post.
DeleteSome time ago a good friend told me that my illness and the way I deal with it has helped her minimize other problems in her life, and she has learnt to discern what really matters. It made me very happy to know it. At least my illness is useful to other people... I'm always happy about that.
So, you keep strong too, and have patience... I think that you are doing it very well, too. "Healthy femur vibes!!!", yes, you make me smile :)
Love n hugs, Elisabet
Dear Eli,
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely news! Lots of love,
Ana