Saturday, June 1, 2013

New treatment

Unfortunately, I don't have such boring news today. My latest CT scan shows that there is an increase in size in my two liver lesions. I also have slight bone ache, sometimes. This means that the oral chemo I was taking has stopped being effective. The good news is that there is an alternative treatment for me, which I will start on the second half of June, after detox time.

I was suspecting something of the sort, as my body was starting to warn me. I can't say I am happy with the news, in fact I've been sad. But I am hopeful that the new treatment will work and that the lesions will be reduced again. No need to be alarmed, especially when my oncologist sounds so calm and confident about the new treatment working well on me.

It is hard to keep a fight like this going every day and assuming the psychological burden and the ups and downs that it implies. However, I am far away from losing hope and I am happy to enjoy a good quality of life (meaning being able to do the daily tasks, being able to listen to music, read books, have walks, take showers, enjoy food, enjoy the company of friends and family...). Happy to keep buying time, as Yin San would say. I keep fighting for her too, she wished that I could maintain this blog that she created (we will always be co-authors). The thought of her keeps encouraging me, I have the best example in her way of fighting this journey.
I'm not going to disappoint you, my friend. I also do it for you.

3 comments:

  1. I saw in the pink ribbon run a real life example. A group of pink sisters celebrating a woman's 10 year's victory of fighting BC. So, we must believe! I believe the new treatment will work.

    - your pink sister JL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazed by your strong will, fighting spirit and courage, and wish you all the best. We may not have physically met, but thanks to Yin San that we "know" each other now. Please continue to fight this battle, not only for yourself and those who are dear to you, but also for your doctors who never gave up on you. We'll be standing with you in spirit and you'll always be in my prayers.
    -- WL

    ReplyDelete