It's been a while since I last wrote here. Fortunately, the reason is technological, not physical. My computer broke down and it's taken a while to get a new one.
I'm still doing quite well because the new treatment is working again. But I miss my life. I mean my life free from cancer, my true life; a life with other problems, other concerns, but never having to deal with the heavy physical and psychological burden that a cancer with metastasis implies. That's why sometimes I indulge myself remembering nice episodes from the past. Even my childhood seems such a blessing!
It also gives me strength to think about dear YS. It's a real pity that we couldn't be co-authors for longer, but this blog is such a nice legacy from you, my dear friend!
(I address myself to her, as I often do in my thoughts; I think it's good to talk to our departed dear ones. We can almost listen to them replying to us and, in this case, many times I can guess what she would say to me, her advice, her cheering me up. And, as I don't want to disappoint her, I do what she tells me to do because I know it will be good for me, as we always cared for each other).
So, I go on: you were happy when I told you that writing here had become therapeutic for me, too. You kindly asked me, invited me, to maintain the blog, so I'll keep writing as long as I can because I also do it for you and in your memory.
We have nice autumn days lately. They are inviting to go out for walks. It's also nice to sit on a bench and look up to the trees with their beautifully-coloured leaves against the blue sky as the background. Yes, it's autumn now... our favourite season.
Nice to read you here again. I really love autumn too. I can just imagine how Tona would br like having been there in Summer. Those shady trees leading to the square to your house must be turning red. Feeling nostalgic. May the autumn leaves and cooling weather make you feel lighter and fresher.
ReplyDelete