Wednesday, March 24, 2010

100th Day Post Surgery

Just want to make a little entry about the surgery. It was a dilemma for me, mainly because my doctors(breast surgeons) came to the same conclusion so quickly. Mammogram showed calcification along the ductal line(white dots along the milk ducts spotted), and doctor suggested biopsy, which confirmed cancer. So, the conventional method recommended mastectomy, or breast removal, without giving me an option. Apart from a little probing of my family history, there was no investigation done on my lifestyle, diet, blood result, hormonal level, etc. Well, since there's cancer cell in your breast, let's get rid of it before it spread to other areas. But what caused those cancer cell to grow in the first place? That was not discussed. Stress? Family history? Poor diet? Lifestyle? Does surgery prevent the cancer cell from recurring? It's such an "easy" way to solve a problem - remove it!

Apparently single women with no children face higher risks, as our non functional ductal lines are blocked. There are many other factors too, and as I did my own research and read more, I learn that it is not just the physical body, but also the overall well being of our mental and spiritual body - there should be a balance and congruence of these bodies. I was fit and sporty. I was mentally strong, and was able to deal with stressful jobs and situation, but I definitely have to learn how to listen to my bodies instead of pushing it beyond my limit.

Hence, I adopt a total change of lifestyle and outlook in life, opening up to the spiritual self and trying to integrate many aspects of life for the next phase. And I listen to my body more now!

[Disclaimer: above represents my personal opinion only, as I have not been trained medically]

No comments:

Post a Comment