It was great feeling to know that your friends care for you. My uni mate came to visit and brought cut fruits. She didn't know about me undergoing treatment and was shocked when I explained about my bald head. We bonded and had great chat over fruits, catching up about each others life.
My head scarf or baldness has become an interesting topic of discussion, especially to for friends who has not been kept in the loop about my recent adventure. Another friend commented that I must have been dying to shave my head, and just waiting for this opportunity. Well, quite true, and yet when it comes to actually shaving it off, I actually asked a friend to accompany me. I chose to go to the Indian barber shop in Penang, partly because I did not want to answer any question that may come from the hairdresser, and partly because I think they would do a better job due to their experience. And it only cost me RM6 vs RM15 if I were to go back to my regular hairdresser. The hairdresser asked me twice if I was enquiring for the kids, when I checked how much they would charge to shave a head. When I told her that I was enquiring for myself, she went on to say that it will be a waste, as I have nice hair.
Anyway, I am now getting used to my bald head, and learning to use various scarves. But being bald made me realize that having hair or not, or how I keep my hairstyle actually contribute to my identity. For now, I'm just happy to experience being bald, and being surrounded by friends who offer help and support.
seriously, you still look cool with a bald head! I can't pull it off the way you do, for certain. i'm so glad you text me today and i popped by. don't drop a bomb like that to scare me anymore, ok? :)
ReplyDeleteyou will be just fine, i know it! and meanwhile, you will be in my prayers. God always answers my prayers, no kidding.