Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1 Post Chemo

Woke up fresh, after a fairly good sleep. Went to bed right after the last post, woke up at 1am, 4pm, 6pm to release and replenish body fluid and finally got out of bed at 8am. Had a big plate of char bee hoon browsed through paper and here I am.

It was one of the worst chemo sessions, unexpectedly, as I felt so fit, especially after taking a 2 hour hike to number 4 of the Penang Hill the previous day without any difficulty.

The chemo day started as usual:
8:45 full blood count
9:15 check body weight, blood pressure, temperature, urine pH
10:30 see doctor, who conveniently said that I must have heard wrongly about having only 4 chcle of chemo instead of 6, even though I was very sure what he mentioned earlier. Decided to give him face, as he said I need 6, and since I've taken my pre-medication the previous day
12:30 go to ward, and start preparation, with Saline, more premed.
Finally taxotere. About 3-5 minutes later, I got chest discomfort and called the nurse who immediately stop the drip
Doctor came, asked me some question and I didn't have the energy to speak to him. They administered Oxygen, which dropped to 88%, with heart beat shot up to 102. My body reacted badlly, my face flushing, my torso turning, and my limbs twisting around.
It got better after some time, and I asked the doctor if I could discontinue. He asked for ECG. Doctor asked for ECG, and said that the first one looked funny, and the second one is normal. So, we restart Taxotere at 3pm.
The rests went well and got home at 6:45pm, a little tired.

Am feeling alright now so life goes on!

2 comments:

  1. It takes a lot of patience and courage to sail through without much stress on you. Bravo! Nonetheless, the medical professional need to be more responsible though.

    ReplyDelete