Pictures of a public toilet which has features like temperature control, options of sprinkling, rinsing, drying, etc. In some, the toilet cover opens up as you enter, and there is a button for toilet music (sound of water) to cover the noise of you might be making.
1. Public transport including buses are punctual.
2. People are on time, polite with good sense of mutual respect.
3. Strong culture of reading and massive information consumption - newspaper circulation is top in the world, free fliers/pamphlets/maps are available everywhere, mangga/cartoon is popular, various magazines with new arrivals on a daily basis, and volumes of books available. (Almost every other person I met has published something, either books, articles, cartoons, or has an exhibits of art piece or photos, or produced films, plays, etc)
4. Safest place I have seen so far. Lost/found items are usually returned to owner. Low crime rate. Kids commuting/walking to school on their own and women traveling alone at night.
5. High tech toilets and well maintained facilities.
I am interested in seeing a picture of the "High Tech" toilets :)
ReplyDeleteThey can try to be more paperless. And depending on what they read, it may not be a good reading culture, especially if they are reading pornography magazines / manga.
ReplyDeleteI find Singapore similar to Japan in some ways, safe, clean... and recently I found one high-tech toilet in a public place! (forgot where, could be library)