Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tokyo life

Am getting better at making the soup. Today's soup have 9 ingredients : garlic, onion, ginger, cucumber, carrot, sweet potato, leeks, pumpkin, and edamame!

Have been cooking almost everyday, and I could now cook soup, eat and wash within 1 hour.

Went to Malaysian restaurant yesterday, a very tiny one with only 2 tables with 4 seats each, and a bar counter with 5 seats so 13 in total. The chef is from Ipoh and the assistant from Penang. The dishes were quite good but rather oily for me. My Japanese friends loved the food - broccoli, bak kut teh, steam fish, and nasi goreng. I told the chef (before eating) that I do not miss Malaysian food, nor Malaysia. As Tokyo is such a liveable city, if you can survive the high living cost. I live 2 minutes or 150 steps from the metro station, and the transport system is so efficient that it could take you to almost anywhere, pomptly. So, people here are punctual, and polite. With my limited Japanese, I get by, waiting for winter to arrive, and maybe I will miss Malaysia then.

1 comment:

  1. Really miss the wonderful time we spent in Tokyo! ... healthy food, and your yummy cooking.

    ReplyDelete