It is exactly a year ago I did my CT scan, which showed that everything was clear. A year later, things do not look so good. Just saw Dr Zaatar, my oncologist, who ordered a CT scan tomorrow.
Chronological order of events:
May 14(last Sat) went for Ultra Sound which show some nodules in the liver, Dr Merced(who ordered the US because of high ALP score) recommended coffee enema, high doses of supplements, juicing and IV of B17 and others...
May 16(Mon) Walked in to gastro in Makati Medical, told me to run more blood test and suggested I should go home; Hepatologist in St Luke's told me to get MRI with Primovist
May 17(Tue) Did MRI, and saw an oncologist, who suggested biopsy, control of blood level, then chemo. From St Luke's I took a cab back to my apartment, got my luggages and left for airport, transit in Singapore
Spent a wonderful time with my sis, and I came back to Penang, straight to oncologist, waited for 3 hours but it's worth the wait. Showed him all the reports. Everything is suggestive of liver metastasis coming from previous breast cancer. He tells me that the mind is very important, that I should have the will power to fight. I told him sure, I still want to go to Chiang Mai in November. We will work this out.
Am quite happy. To be home. To know that I am taking things into control - am a professional patient!
Of course there were difficult moments, right after the scan, and also right after seeing the gastro who told me to go home. But I had great support from various people along the way... am just so lucky.
Life has a way of tricking me into doing certain things at certain time. Tricking me into learning, into accepting.
May 18
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to see that you are stronger than before.
ReplyDeleteI am very proud of you, sis!
ReplyDelete