Friday, April 5, 2013

Gratitude

I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who keep reading this blog and also to those who write comments; I read all of them and I very much appreciate your words of encouragement and understanding. Thanks to all of you!

I'm doing fine physically and emotionally. The grief for the loss of my beloved friend is well under control and I am cheerful most of the time, which is my usual self. I smile and laugh, when the occasion arises, in my daily life. Laughter and sense of humour are powerful healers. When I feel sad I think about how lucky YS and I have been to know each other and to share so many things, and a similar outlook to life, apart from our fight against cancer. I see it as a gift from life. And then I also think that she would be happy to see me fight and enjoy life. Had the situation been the reverse, I would have also wanted her to be happy, to keep the fight going, and to live life as full as she could.

I was struck by an article that she wrote here, in the blog, on Tuesday, June 7, 2011
I happened to read it a few days ago. If you want, have a look at it. The title is: Grieving and Healing.

Time ago I heard the following quote while listening to the radio. I don't know who the author is, but it goes like this:

"The first thing we do when we come into this world is to cry. Let's try to live our lives in such a way that when we depart from it, we do it with a smile."

I forgot to share this quote with YS, but it doesn't matter because she already knew...
And so do I...   :)

By the way, I continue juicing and doing my daily exercise, which consists in... walking! Something we do without even paying attention to it when we are healthy, but really good exercise for everybody, and for me now. I miss swimming though... I used to go swimming after work (I tried to do it at least once or twice a week) and sometimes also aqua-gym... oh, I miss it so much!!! But I feel lucky and grateful to life to have been able to do it for many years. I also liked playing tennis... Ah, fond memories... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment