It's been 4 months since my diagnosis, and my life has taken a complete new turn - quit my job, took complete charge of all decisions, and decided to move back to my hometown, Penang.
So, here I am, at the apartment that I've been renting for over 10 years, going through my wardrobe, bookshelves, closets, boxes and files, filtering for things that I really need. It's especially hard when I go through my books, CDs, and boardgames. Thought I have learnt to detach from objects and material stuff, but I have to admit that I am still a keeper, still keeping letters and gifts from close friends, journals, photo albums, tarot cards, board games, etc, even though deep down, I know that none of this I could keep when I leave this place. But for now, at least I decide to keep them. Somehow, I believe that every item has a life of its own, and that they become part of me. On the other hand, I could almost just blink and decide to get rid of everything, because whether these items come with me or not physically, they continue to exist as part of me, simply because they had come to my life at some point.
So, I am in the midst of packing, deciding what to keep, knowing that it's not quite important whether I keep them anyway.
I would like to share with you this blog http://2littlefellas.blogspot.com/ who's fighting the fight too.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to keep them as you can share with us when friends get together and we can play the games together too.
ReplyDelete