Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dr vs doctor

The idea of getting a PhD did cross my mind when I was younger, as Dr xxx as a title sounds so much better. However, I dislike the process of writing thesis (opted for more practical project - writing computer programming instead of big thesis) so shelved the idea. Maybe it's the timing, or the state I am in now. Doing PhD suddenly sounds less scary, especially since I've committed to doing research for a year anyway, and several friends are doing theirs now!

The idea has been reinforced into my head recently. A friend whom I considered my mentor ended our tea session by saying, "you are already a PhD candidate". That puts a positive spin into me so a new start to another adventure! And maybe when I speak with my doctor as Dr xxx, I'll get a bit more attention!

1 comment: