Had low white blood count again yesterday, so got granucytes shots and no chemo. Even though my count was too low (2.9 instead of normal 3.5), my doctor was rather unhappy, and asked me what's wrong. A recap of what happened, from my memory(so, some of these could be slightly modified according to my interpretation).
Q = questions from the doctor, A = my answer
Q "Is there shortage of salt in Penang?" (my sodium level is low)
Q "How many chemo have you got?"
A "2 Herceptin and 3 Navelbine"
Q "How many granucytes have you got?" (granucytes is to boost the white blood cells)
A "3, 1 after the 1st Herceptin and 2 after the 2nd Navelbine"
Q "How many cycles of chemo did you get the last time?"
A "6 cycles"
Q "And how many granucytes did you get"
A "On average 1 to 2 for each cycle"
Q "And do you know what it is?"
A "TC" (T=Taxotere, C=Caboplatin, I think and this combination is much stronger than Navelbine)
Q "So, tell me why is it that you have this result with this mildest form of chemo? Herceptin and Navelbine is not suppose to give you this" (he does not expect much side effects or low white blood count, not even hair loss, and so far none yet)
A "I don't know"
Q "Chinese always say don't eat chicken, or eat this herbs and that, what have you been eating?"(and he even asked my dad to verify)
A "The usual, fish, vegetables, fruits"
He showed me some nice powerpoint about cancer cell, and explained that HER2, is only one of the factor, as there are many other factors demonstrated by complicated lines, symbols etc.
Q "Your blood results show that your body is not ready to fight, and you have to ask yourself what's wrong. It's important to have a strong mind to fight. Cancer cell is also your own cell. You have to teach the cells(the good cells to grow and the bad ones not to grow) and control them. I can only give you the best option but I don't have the answer for you. You have to tell me the answer."
A "I have to find the answer"
Q "Am I giving you more stress? You have to learn how to manage stress"
A "Yes, doctor."
Q "Any question?"
A "No, doctor"
This is not the first time, as I had low WBC before. And I have tried the following:
1) eat healthy
2) sleep early
3) practice guoling qi gong, about 1 hour daily
4) take basil leave (heard it helps)
5) do some tapping(EFT)
Will have my blood tested tomorrow.
yes, what doctor said is right, especially on the food intake and the mind( positive thinking to build the mind to fight the cancer cell). take good care , friend.
ReplyDelete