Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Even if I have Cancer

That's the title of the book by Emma Roberts. One of the many dozens of books that I have come across on cancer and healing.

This one is on EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique, something which is very easy to learn, and totally magical. It involves tapping on certain accupressure points. Let me try to explain a little...

Firstly, rate your "concerns" on a scale of 0-10 before starting. It could be anxiety, fear, sadness, shock or physical pain.

Next, using the 2nd to 4th fingers of your dominant hand, starting to tap on the "blade" of the other hand(the karate chop point). While doing this, say the setup phrase, for example, "even though I am feeling anxious(or sad, or in pain), I completely love and accept myself". Repeat this setup phrase 3 times while tapping on the Karate chop.

Next, tap on these few points using the 2nd and 3rd finger while reciting your concerns (anxiety, fear, sadness, pain) :
start of eyebrow,
side of eye,
under the eye,
under the nose
under the lips(chin)
collar bone
under the arm (near the bra straps)
then use all 5 fingers to tap on the crown.

While tapping on those points, try to bring out all your emotions and name them(when not sure how to describe, just say, this feeling, this emotion I'm feeling), and allow yourself to feel those emotions.

After tapping one or 2 rounds around those points, take a deep breath, and then rate those concern on a scale of 1 to 10. It might go up, or come down. Keep tapping until you have reached a level which you are comfortable with. It may take just few minutes, or longer, depending...

For me, this works well especially when I noted a change of emotion in me.

And I have even invented my own way to cope with the physical pain, by singing to it while doing the tapping!

Try it!

For more information, visit www.emofree.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yinsan! Just wanted to send you some good vibes. Thinking of you... Continue to cherish those little moments. Take care!

    ReplyDelete